“He has the widest skills set and knowledge base of all lawyers in the transaction area in the Norwegian market. In addition, he has good commercial understanding and the ability to extract the most critical drivers in a transaction. He is always present, well prepared, follows up closely and works round the clock if required.”
Client, IFLR1000 EMEA 2020
(+47) 477 818 40 / email@example.com
Ole Kristian has worked with M&A since the early 1990’s. He was previously a partner and head of Corporate Legal Services and M&A with the International Advisory Firm KPMG in Norway (1995-2002). Ole Kristian has extensive experience in advising on all types of M&A transactions including cross-border transactions. For the past 12 years Ole Kristian has been rated among the top three M&A lawyers in Norway by his peers in the annual surveys conducted by the Norwegian Financial Daily (Finansavisen). The Norwegian Financial Daily named Aabø-Evensen as Norway's No 1 M&A lawyer in the newspaper’s independent peer reviews for each of the years 2012, 2013, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Ole Kristian is also the author of a 1,500-page Norwegian textbook on Acquisitions of Shares and Businesses, published by Universitetsforlaget.
“Great negotiator and planner.” “performed very well.” “The best M&A lawyer I have worked with.”
Client, IFLR1000 2019
“Ole Kristian Aabø-Evensen is ‘clearly a market leader’ and has ‘one of the widest skills sets in the sector”
Client, Legal 500 EMEA 2019
• Partner and founder of Aabø-Evensen, since 2002
• Partner and Head of Corporate Legal Services and M&A, KPMG, 1995 – 2002
• Lawyer and later associated partner in de Besche & Co (now Arntzen de Besche), 1988 - 1994
• Trainee, Sinclair Roche Temperley (solicitors), London, 1992
• Trainee, Essex Court Chambers (barristers), London, 1992
• Cand. jur., University of Oslo, 1988
• King’s College University of London, Studies in English and International law, 1992
Please click here to be redirected all publications Ole Kristian has contributed to.